Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wrapping Up

I'm just finishing off an awesomely productive day. I wrote the last ten pages of a short story draft, revised a piece for my nonfiction final, read and commented on a story for workshop, read a story from a journal, crossed some random around-the-house crap off my to-do list, went running, and sat in the sun. And now I'm blogging. What a day!

It's the end of the semester, and before today I was kind of freaking out. I have less than a week to wrap up all my classes, revise at least twenty-five pages of nonfiction, and write a story for workshop. Oh, and I have to get my stuff in order, find a self-storage place and move all my crap out of the apartment. So I'm a little busy. Today made me feel like I could take it all on. I'm sure it will be back to panic and chaos tomorrow, but maybe not.
I can't wait to fly back to Seattle (I've using the all-purpose, recognizable "Seattle" in favor of "Bothell," or sometimes even "Bellingham," just because people know where it is). I can't wait to see my friends and enjoy the northwest summer and eat smoked salmon and barbecued hamburgers. I can't wait for good microbrews. I can't wait for time to read some books and time to start working on my thesis again.

But first I have to scramble through these next two weeks. Don't expect a lot in the way of updates for a while, although we'll see how busy I am at work. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you northwesterners soon!

5 comments:

  1. Yo, wrap it up B!

    http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11879&title=wrap-it-up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm a little jealous you're going to the land of microbrews and smoked salmon so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm WAY jealous. Do me a favor. Eat some good sushi (Wasbi) and go to boundry bay (I need you to order a Scotch and A Reuben). Go to an M's game! And go to Village and Elliot Bay Book Co. OK. that's all you need to do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the word they had me spell in the security thing: duckscr

    beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, did you know that Elliott Bay moved. It's on Cap Hill now. I mean, I know it's going to let them stay in business (hopefully), but still... very sad.

    ReplyDelete