Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Kanc Picture Dump

Yesterday Ashley and I drove into the White Mountains to tour the famous Kancamagus Highway. It's a huge fall foliage spot, a thirty-four mile drive through the mountains and forests. There were lots of tourists, and the traffic to get there was pretty bad, but it was worth it. The leaves here are amazing!

Getting out and looking at nature and mountains made both Ashley and I very homesick. I couldn't help but compare the Kanc to Chuckanut Drive, and Chuckanut wins. Yeah, the fall foliage is amazing, and Washington just doesn't get leaves the way New England does, but give me the rugged Pacific coast and evergreens any day. Here's a bunch of pictures, in no particular order.




































3 comments:

  1. Pretty! Especially the one where Ashley looks like she's chillin' with children. I had to do a double take, because I actually thought the kids were with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? These pictures are pretty! YOU ARE A TRAITOR THE THE WEST COAST.

    BLASPHEMER!

    DEVIL!

    BAD MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures of the fall colors made me sad! i miss fall! haha. we dont get much of that in southern spain. enjoy for me! and i hope all is going well with gradschool :)

    ReplyDelete